SSPC PCI LEVEL 3
SSPC PCI Level 3
Duration: 7 days
Includes: Written Exams
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Cost: Rs. 2,30,000 (all 3 levels)
Credits: 4.5 CEUs
Certification Term: 4 years
- In case of additional preparatory class needed please contact us separately additional charges applicable
SSPC PCI Level 3 Exam Description
The Protective Coatings Inspector Level 3 Certification Program identifies and awards recognition to individuals who have in-depth knowledge in the principles and practices of inspection of industrial coatings. The SSPC PCI Level 3 Certification attests to the professional credibility of the coatings inspector and raises the standard of inspection in the protective coatings industry.
PCI Level 3 Certification demonstrates mastery in:
- Recognizing the common duties, responsibilities, and the role of an industrial coatings inspector
- Recognizing the role of the coating manufacturer on a coatings project
- Describing the authority of a coatings inspector
- Explaining the importance of thorough documentation
- Identifying the differences between quality assurance and quality control and the common duties of quality assurance and quality control personnel
- Describing the purpose and content of a pre-job or preconstruction conference
- Explaining the importance of ethics of inspection personnel
- Describing methods used to evaluate coating performance prior to full-scale installation
- Describing the unique aspects of performing coatings inspection on an overcoating project, and on projects employing thermal spray coatings, powder coatings and duplex coating systems
- Describing how coatings inspection can help prevent premature coating failure
- Listing potential safety hazards associated with coatings inspection
- Preparing an inspection plan/procedure
- Performing coatings inspection on industrial projects
- Comparing inspection results to specification requirements
Students passing the SSPC PCI Level 2 Exams at 80% or higher and meeting the prerequisites for SSPC PCI Level 3 Certification can take the SSPC PCI Level 3 certification exams on Day 7. A passing grade of 80% or higher on the written PCI Level 3 certification exam is required to become an SSPC PCI Level 3 Certified Coating Inspector.
The PCI Level 3 exam consists of:
- Each candidate selects five essay questions to answer. Each essay is worth 20 points.
DoD Funded Training
Under the DoD Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, funding has been provided to train DoD, Army, Navy, and Air Force personnel in this course. For more information on how to take advantage of attending this course for free, click here.